interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

Mixed feelings but Fifty was freed from his darkness.

Fifty Shades Freed - E.L. James

I cannot believe I took almost a month to finish this book! O.O

I've long decided not to write a review for this last edition to the Fifty Shades trilogy but as I read through the ending, emotions started to swirl up and go all over the place that I just had to express it into a review.

I read the first book (Grey) mid last year and the second book (Darker) earlier this year on April, and I was dreading reading the last book. I did enjoy the first two books but it seemed like a drag to pick up this third book and start reading. I'm guessing that's the reason why I took almost a month to finish it.

Okay, so the book started off with the depressing past of Christian Grey, but then it lightened up a little as it went back to the present time. Christian and Ana are married and are on their honeymoon, things move forward they both go bac

k to work; but of course Christian protests against Ana returning to her job and Ana being stubborn fights for her right to work.Women Rights!. Then we find out that Jack Hyde; the evil villain of this series, is back from wherever he came from, and tries to attack the Grey's; including Ana. Christian retaliates and orders double security for his entire family as they all go about their day. And that's how the book basically goes. It goes in a cycle in my opinion.

The story line is pretty good, as well as the writing, it keeps the reader reading. But as I said, it seemed like it was going in a cycle and there were times when I would sigh with frustration and impatience because it was just going on and on and on and never ending.

And of course, the ending was what really engrosses the reading into the book, with all that excitement and emotions that went on plus it was this moment when I literally couldn't put the book down. I spent hours reading and eager to know what would happen next, how will everything turn out. There were multiple conclusions piling up in my head, will this happen? will that happen? what happens is she does this? and multiple others.

The ending and epilogue gathered up so many of my mixed emotions that I didn't know what to do with it. I felt happy, confused, disappointed, a little blank and at the same time I just really wanted the book to end. Though as I was reading the epilogue, I had a little bit of deja vu, like I've heard this ending before, it seemed oddly familiar to me. But all in all, I am very happy that this trilogy has ended! Now we have to wait for the movies to come out! Woot!

Concluding this hopefully not so long and confusing review, I enjoyed this book it wasn't too extravagant, it didn't make me go OMG, I was okay. Although I enjoyed this one much more than the past two books, because Mr. Fifty Shades has been freed! Literally

As for the entire trilogy, it's a great series that can gather up all your emotions and make you either love it or hate it. If you're into heavy adult romance with broken men who need to be healed by their true love and are not afraid of the voices of the main characters subconscious, I highly recommend this book. If not, then just give the first book a go, it doesn't hurt to try it out! xD

Source: http://interestedinall.blogspot.com/2013/10/books-fifty-shades-freed-by-el-james.html