interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye is listed as one of the book that one must read before they die, so I decided to give it a go.

Holden Caulfield is around 16 or 17 years old. He leave school and sets out to New York for a few days before he goes home. He's on his own, he's loaded, and he has a craving for something new; at least that what I think of it.

Holden is very adventurous, and seems like he's just winging everything, and is impulsively doing whatever it is he wants. He goes around New York, calling up people to go out with him in the middle of the night. I'm surprised they actually accept his invitations. It seemed like he hasn't slept in days. I'm also pretty surprised that he has the guts to do all that he did what he was roaming NY.

I don't really know that exactly the plot of the story is. All I can say is that it's a weird book. A kid who goes around New York, who spends all his cash, and then what? I think I know what teachers ask their students to do a report on this book. It actually makes you think.

The book is weird, good, and it's a classic. It being weird and slightly pointless makes it on the list of books one must read before they die.

The Catcher in the Rye, written by J.D Salinger. A must read, just for the hell of it.