interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) - Cecily von Ziegesar I always been into Gossip Girl since the TV series stated. But I didn't actually wanted to read the books, but when I saw it on the book shelf at the bookstore in the Philippines, the book just looked to tempting for some reason, so I just had to get it.

Once I picked it up and started reading the book, I couldn't put it down. As I was reading I was replaying the whole first episode of the first season was playing in my head.

I actually thought that the first book will have at least 2-3 episodes in it. I was slightly disappointed that it was only 1 episode. Well, it is a small thin book.

There are a lot of things that are different from the TV Series, like Serina's brother Erik being older than her, Chuck and Blair having a brother. These are somethings that confuses me.

The story line was good, as I said, it was just like the first episode of the first season. The return of Serena, Blairs jealousy, and the Kiss on the Lips Party. The reason why I love reading the books rather than watching the TV Series or the Movie sometimes because you miss out on what may seem like small tiny details but are actually pretty big ones. I think the reason why I couldn't put down the book was because of how the story line was suppose to be.

I was very surprised at how much these kids smoke, drink and swear. And that their parent even allow them to do so much of it. I just find it very shocking.

The first edition of the Gossip Girl series was great, in my opinion, since I enjoy chick flicks and drama. I still need to get the rest of the 11 books, since I already have Psycho Killer.

I recommend those Young Adult who enjoy reading about Gossip, Drama, Chick flicks, and rich people, to read this series.