interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) - Suzanne Collins I said "I will only watch the movies, no need to read the books, there is wikipedia". I took that back when I picked up the first book of The Hunger Games. Since everyone around me has already read them, I then said "Why not!".

Book 1 of The Hunger Games series. It's going to be as big as Harry Potter. Well, that's what I think.

The contents of the book was great. I enjoyed it very much, despite the fact that the Capitol is totally screwed up in so many ways. They have nothing better to do with their lives then assign kids to an arena and watch them slaughter each other.

The characters of the Capitol seem very colorful, and they do all seem to dress like clowns. Those from District 12 know how to survive, I think that is what helped Katniss and Peeta survive in the games. They were brought up with poverty, and not much food. They were taught on how to live to survive.

The tributes from the other Districts seemed to be lacking in the details, it was very vague. But since the book was from Katniss's point of view, it is understandable and very realistic.

When the games started, my heart raced every time something or someone gets killed. That's what I love about books like this. It makes my heart race and gives me heart palpitations. It makes me read more, and faster. It shows that I'm really into that book.

The love Peeta has for Katniss is just amiable. I love him for loving her for so long. I don't know how he just stood there, without even telling her. But poor thing, Katniss broke his heart. I wish I could just give him a hug and all his problems will go away. I love him.

Katniss's confusing love for Peeta and Gale. She thinks she loves Gale but no, her heart says that she's meant to be with Peeta. Its fate! They should be together.

In conclusion to my review, The book was fabulous. I recommend all those who loves Harry Potter, reading YA novels, and absolutely everyone to read it.
I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book!