interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

Secrets of a Summer Night  - Lisa Kleypas This book has also been sitting on my shelf for almost 2 years gathering dust. I thought it was time for me to read it, and once I picked it up and read the first page, I simply couldn't put it down.

Secrets of A Summer Night is about a woman or four women (wallflowers) to be precise, who have gathered up for the purpose of helping each other in finding husbands. I thought, "alright, this is going to be fun". Four wallflowers hunting for rich men.

Annabelle is in her mid-twenties, and she needs to find a husband fast before her family becomes even more poor than they already are and so that they can pay for her brother, Jeremy's schooling.
Mr. Simon Hunt is a rich underclassman, who is a son of a butcher. One does not expect a son of a butcher to be filthy rich do they. But things happen. He is fully interested in making Annabelle his mistress and have no interest of becoming her husband, until he spends more time with her than he did in the past 2 years of knowing her.

As I've said what seems like multiple times already, this book was just simply unputdownable. On the nights when I was reading until I was slowly drifting to sleep, I've had dreams about the book. Just by dreaming about a book just makes it so much better! I barely slept well because of it. I just had to pick it up and read what'll happen next.

Usually in historical romance books or any romance books in general, the protagonists admit their undying love for each other, they get married and that's it. But I was surprised that this book provides detail on what happens after their marriage and how both characters; Annabelle and Simon, gradually get to know each other even more, and really understand their feelings for each other.

The ending was no expected at all. I knew something was going to happen since there were still about 150 pages left of the book after the marriage, but I thought they were going to get into a big fight then realize their love for each other is stronger than ever. I didn't expect that someone was almost going to die. DAMN, I really thought he was going to die.

I love this book, it was a just so absorbing! I am not going to pick up the second book because I want proper sleep. This series is going to make me sleep deprived, I just know it.

I recommend those who love read romance, and books that are unputdownable to pick this book up and give it a try! You wont regret anything after you're done!