interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

Mockingjay: The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins It took me quite a while to finish this book. The reason? is unknown. These things just happen. xD

Mockingjay, the last edition to The Hunger Games trilogy. And I can say that from all the books that I've read so far. This is right next to one of the best. "Harry Potter". I'm not saying that it's as good as HP but I'm saying that it's good enough to be on my top 5 favorite books.

This edition surrounds the whole rebellion, and how they will over through the capital. So many things happen at the same time in this book that adds to the excitement but it's hard to keep track of what's going on.

The entire series is written in Katniss's point of view and what happens around her. I honestly sometimes find Katniss annoying. First she's with Gale, then she's with Peeta, when Peeta's gone she goes to Gale, then he comes back and she goes back to Peeta. I swear, if there was another man interested in her, she would add him to their list of men and alternate them every week or every time she has a breakdown. Towards the good side of Katniss, she's pretty awesome. How she's handling everything that's happen to her in the past two books, shows that she's a strong woman, and I can just imagine her giving inspiration to her readers to be strong along with her. (great message Suzanne!)

The rest of the book, I found great and with so many events occurring at the same time or right after each other keeps the reader going. It can be very engrossing and a page turner when the battle actually begins.

In conclusion, The Hunger Games in general is a dystopian adventure novel, with a lot of death of characters your grow attached to, and a splash or pinch of comedy and romance.

If you're into slight details of killing and all the adventure and excitement, with a dash of comedy and romance to put it all together, I highly recommend The Hunger Games trilogy.