interestedinall

Nada Más Que Amor

I enjoy the company of romance novels and historical fiction!

My official blog - http://nadabutamor.blogspot.com/

The Help - Kathryn Stockett The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a book that shows you the maids side of the story back in the 1960's. It was a time of the KKK and discrimination of other races, it was also the time of Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement. But this book mainly focuses on two black maids and one white rich girl who becomes an outcast in her town because of what she wrote. Aibileen, Minny and Skeeter

I bought this book last year because I watched the movie and thought it was interesting enough to buy the book and read it. When I started this book, I didn't think I would enjoy it so much. I thought it would be one of those boring books with meaning that would take me a whole month to finish, but nooooooo... this book was unputdownable.

I listened to the audiobook of this, and the narrators did a marvelous job, they all did. I was speaking in a southern accent the entire time I was listening to it.

I don't know if I've read any other books that made my heart melt just like this one did. It really touched my heart how people in this book can be so kind and patient with others.

I highly recommend this book to be read by everyone. At least once in their life time. This book is up there with the must reads before you die list, because this book gives out a meaning that is unexplainable.
It's an amazing book that is a must-read!